The Listening Centre only captures personal information that you choose to provide when completing a web form or emailing The Listening Centre inquiring about our services.
How we use your information:
- visitors to our Website;
- people who use our online services, such as those subscribing to our mailing lists; and
- visitors to our Website who complete a contact form we act upon any information or request provided to us
What we collect
We may collect the following information:
- name and job title
- contact information including email address and telephone number
- demographic information such as postcode, preferences and interests
- other information relevant to surveys and offers
- administer any events that you have an interest or wish to participate in
- photography or film of an event you participate in
- we will request your consent to hold this data
- you have the right to request deletion of this information at any time
What we do with the information we collect
We require this information to understand your needs and provide you with a better service, and in particular for the following reasons:
- Internal record keeping
- To put in place the services you require including membership and invoicing
- We may use the information to improve our services and events
- We may periodically send emails about events and publications or other information which we think you may find interesting using the email address which you have provided
- From time to time, we may also use your information to contact you for research purposes. We may contact you by email, phone or mail.
We are committed to ensuring that your information is secure. In order to prevent unauthorised access or disclosure, we have put in place suitable physical, electronic and managerial procedures to safeguard and secure the information we collect.
Controlling your personal information
You may choose to restrict the collection or use of your personal information in the following ways:
- whenever you are asked to fill in a form on the website, look for the box that you can click to provide consent for us to hold your information.
- if you have previously agreed to us using your personal information for direct marketing purposes, you may change your mind at any time by writing to or emailing us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
We will not share your personal information with any other organisations or sell, distribute or lease your personal information to third parties unless we have your permission or are required by law to do so.
You may request details of personal information which we hold about you under the Data Protection Act 1998 and GDPR. If you would like a copy of the information held on you please write to The Listening Centre, Energy House, 35 Lombard Street, Lichfield, Staffordshire WS13 6DP.
If you believe that any information we are holding on you is incorrect or incomplete, please write to or email us as soon as possible, at the above address. We will promptly correct any information found to be incorrect.
Visiting Our Website and Using Your Data
When someone visits our Website, we collect standard internet log information and details of visitor behaviour patterns. This information is collected anonymously and will not directly identify you.
Where analytical data is collected following your visit to our Website, the data will be used to:
- ensure that content from our Website is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer.
- provide you with information or services that you request from us or which we feel may interest you, where you have consented to be contacted for such purposes.
- allow you to participate in the interactive features on our Website, where applicable.
- notify you about changes to our services.
In the event that we require you to provide personal data, such as when you complete our enquiry form(s), this information will only be used to contact you in relation to the services you have requested or such other services that, in view of the information you provide to us, we feel may be of benefit to you. Any personal data will be held securely on our servers within the European Economic Area. All handling or processing of any data, personal or anonymous, will be in compliance with the GDPR and the Data Protection Act 1998 (the “Act”).
Third Party Cookies
Personal Cookie Settings
Your browser settings will allow you to manually control your personal cookie settings and further information can be found in the ‘Help’ section of your chosen web browser.
To find out more about cookies, including details of cookies that have been set and how to manage and delete them, please visit www.allaboutcookies.org.
Disclosure of Personal Information
In almost all circumstances we will not disclose personal data without your consent. However, when a complaint is investigated, for example, it may be necessary to share personal information with the particular organisation or governing bodies concerned. Further information is available upon request about the factors we shall consider when deciding whether information should be disclosed. Further examples of when disclosure may be required include:
- if we are under a duty to disclose or share your personal data in order to comply with any legal obligation
- to protect the rights, property, or safety of us, our customers, or others. This may include exchanging information with other companies and organisations for the purposes of fraud protection.
This policy is effective from 01-03-2018 and The Listening Centre may change this policy from time to time by updating this page.
How to Contact Us